Application and Care Instructions
Not sure how to iron-on patches? Don't worry, it's pretty effortless!
- Pre-wash the article you wish to iron onto
- Pre-heat your iron at the cotton setting and turn off the steam function
- Place the patch onto the article and cover the patch with a thin cloth (muslin cloth is excellent)
- Tack the patch into position by applying pressure with the iron for about 10-15 seconds. Try not to move the iron around too much
- Turn your article inside-out and with the heated iron, apply pressure for about 20-30 seconds on the back of the patch to complete the adhesion
- Please give the patch enough time on both sides to adhere. The thickness of the patch and of the fabric onto which you are applying determines how long you need to hold the iron, so if you find the patch is not adhering well, re-apply pressure on both sides until the patch adheres
- You can finish off the front side by again covering the patch and running the iron along all edges
- Please do not iron the patch onto delicate fabrics
- Stitching can provide an additional hold
- Wash inside out on cold, and hang dry (no dryer, please!)
Please note! Embroidered Iron-on patches work best on smooth fabrics. It may be more difficult to iron-onto wool, hand-knitted, stretch, thick corduroy and other specialty fabrics. We would therefore recommend stitching in these instances.
If you have any issues with the application and / or care of your patch, please contact us - we are here to help!